Where else to find help

At Tyfy, we do our best to help you as much as we can. However, just in case you need help with something we can’t offer, here’s a few other places you can look:

Student Services

Image result for uon student services

The University student services can offer help on almost anything. From your course, exams and tuition finances to disability, welfare and mental health support. There’s a handy form UoN students can fill out hereĀ or you can pay a visit to one of the nine student services centres on and around campus any weekday from 9- 5.

Careers and Employability Service

Image result for University of nottingham careers

If you’re worried about graduate employment, Tyfy can help you build up a catalogue of references by mentoring with us during your studies – which could make the difference. We don’t replace an internship, work experience or a part-time job though. All of these can be accessed through the Careers team.

They do amazing work in building your industry connections and CV, so definitely give them a try.

External mental health support

Alternatively, there are tons of different mental health support services you can access outside of University. Organisations like MIND and CALM offer information and support for a huge range of mental health issues. The Student Minds website is also a great online community to connect with other students feeling just like you.

Disclaimer: we weren’t paid by any of the above organisations to recommend them, there are others available, these are just the ones we have used ourselves and can recommend.

As ever, if you urgently need to talk to somebody, here’s a few different numbers you could consider calling:

  • AnxietyUK: 03444 775 774 (Monday- Friday, 9.30 am – 5.30 pm)
  • CALM: 0800 58 58 58 for men aged 15-35 (daily, 5pm – midnight)
  • Mind: 0300 123 3393 (Monday- Friday, 9 am – 6pm)
  • Samaritans: 116 123 (free 24-hour helpline)